We are very excited to tell you about our first ever Bake Off competition! It will be held on Monday 23rd May and judged that morning by Sarah Muir from the Arches Cookery School. The winner will receive a baking course at her fabulous school in Grinkle. The competition is open to all pupils.
Parents are invited to come and join us on the morning for freshly crewed coffee and to watch the judging. You can also sample the cakes, take some home, and meet other parents. Once the judging has taken place, the cakes will be sold at break time, so please bring any extra baking for the sale!
All funds will go towards the new kiln for the Art Department.
The rules are simple:
1. Bake 6-12 of the same item
2. Entries from 9yr olds and under will have a ‘Jubilee theme’
3. 10 and over ‘Anything goes’ there is a prize for both age groups
4. Please think carefully about what you choose to bake you will gain marks for originality and showing as many skills as possible
5. Take a look at Sarah’s video which has lots of ideas and tips on what she is looking for
6. Sarah will be looking for originality and consistency of the bake, Decoration is key if you want your entry to stand out amongst the crowd but they must taste delicious too!
7. We realise the smaller children will need some help with this but we are encouraging pupils to work independently
8. Bring in your entry labelled with your name, age and class to the dining room first thing Monday 23rd May
9. Please take lots of pictures during your bake!
GOOD LUCK! We cannot wait to see your entries for our first ever Bake Off competition!