Fyling Hall’s Y6 pupils attended Crucial Crew in Scarborough earlier this week. During their visit the pupils took part in a carousel of workshops covering a wide variety of aspects of personal safety. The event is designed to educate Year 6 pupils in North Yorkshire to make informed decisions when faced with danger and respond effectively to emergency situations and accidents. The pupils rotated around nine sessions:
- ‘Bucket of Stress’ – Delivered by Healthy Child Team
- Fire Safety in the home – Delivered by NYFRS
- Domestic Abuse – Delivered by Independent Domestic Abuse Services (IDAS)
- Water Safety – Coast guard for East coast and lifeguards
- Gas/ Electric – Delivered Jointly by British Gas and NEDL/ Northern Power
- Drug & Alcohol – Delivered by Prevention service/ Youth Justice & NP/ CSH team
- Crime/ Consequences – Delivered by NP team staff/ Youth Justice/ Youth officer
- Respecting diversity – Delivered by Barnardo’s
Everyone enjoyed the event and the pupils all agreed that they felt better equipped to keep themselves safe going on into senior school.
Thank you to North Yorkshire Police who organised the event and to Rosie for coming along.