Adopting a non-selective admissions policy, Fyling Hall focuses on helping students with different ability to strive for improvements. In 2020 over 50% of our students achieved top marks (A-A*) in GCE A-levels and over 40% in GCSEs (7-9).
According to statistics from the Department for Education, our recent results put us as the top 5% of schools in the whole of UK for value-added – which means that students have showed significant improvements after joining Fyling Hall.
In the past few years, the brightest students from Fyling Hall have made it to University of Oxford (studying fine art and biochemistry) and University of Cambridge (studying Medicine) – which is especially encouraging stories coming from a non-selective school!
Our Admissions Process
At Fyling Hall, we pride ourselves on a personalised and responsive admissions process. Our objective is to best understand potential students to ensure that both parties are well suited and that each pupil’s potential can be realised. Generally, our process follows the following steps:
- A copy of the prospective student’s school report and a copy of their passport is requested in the first instance.
- The school report is reviewed by our Deputy Head, Academic and if needed, our Headmaster.
- Upon a successful review, an interview with our Headmaster is arranged. International students’ interviews are generally conducted via Skype.
- If needed, the applying agent is requested to administer entrance exams.
- Successful completion results in an offer.
- Once the offer is accepted, contracts are issued.
- On receipt of the completed documents an acknowledgement letter is sent out. An invoice is raised with the 1st term fees and a £100 registration fee and £400 refundable boarding deposit.
- Once funds are received, a Tier 4 Visa (if necessary) can be processed.
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com