Key Stage 4
We typically offer around 15 GCSE subjects. Course content is determined by the syllabuses prepared by the Examination Boards. We currently study courses prescribed by the following Examination Boards: Edexcel, AQA and OCR.
All students follow a compulsory CORE of subjects:
English Language, English Literature, Science, Mathematics
They may then choose an additional 3 – 4 subjects from the following:
German, Geography, History, Sports Studies, Business Studies, French (or Extra English) Art & Design, Triple Award Science, Information & Communication Technology, Music, Drama, Design.
- Students study usually 8 or 9 subjects leading to the GCSE examinations
- For support and advice in making decisions about which options to choose we hold a Parents’ Meeting in the spring term
- Careers guidance is always available from the school Careers Officer and through the North Yorkshire Connexions link
- The timetable is tailored to meet the preferences of as many pupils as possible and most pupils have their first choices accommodated.
- Additionally, all our pupils take part in games lessons and Information Technology.
Alongside the more formal academic disciplines we aim to promote a respect for equal opportunities and human rights, and develop a responsibility for protecting the environment for future generations.
TAG Policy Update 2021 – Information for Parents
As you will be aware grades for 2021 summer exams are being awarded through Teacher Assessment Grades (TAGs). Please click below to access our TAG policy outlining the procedures adopted by the school in determining TAGs are fair and unbiased. The policy also outlines the appeals procedure should you or your child feel their TAG is incorrect.Delivering TAG Policy